Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My first cake for the Nolan and the Icing Smiles orgranization

This past weekend and through the non-profit organization Icing Smiles Inc., I had the honor and privilege of making a shark themed birthday cake for a little boy named Nolan. Icing Smiles is a non-profit organization that provides custom c...elebration cakes and other treats to families impacted by the critical illness of a child. I not only had the opportunity to make his cake but I also had the privilege of meeting him in person. He has been through so much and he is only 10 years old!!! One thing I learned is that he is a fighter! No matter what comes his way he still is able to smile inspite of it all! His mom sent me the nicest message today thanking me for the cake I made for Nolan. I may have helped a little boy enjoy his birthday but through this experience I learned just as much from him! It truly is the little things that matter.

No comments: